Tungsten Loaded Tubing
AP Technologies specializes in super radiopaque tubing made from PU or Pebax highly loaded with tungsten(up to 80% loading levels). Traditionally, gold or platinum marker bands are placed on catheters to allow for high visibility under fluoroscopy. Tungsten is a great new alternative as it is made with thermoplastic material which reduces the chance of displacement, while retaining excellent radiopacity.
- Biocompatible, USP Class VI compliant
- High tungsten loading up to 80%
- Easy and cost effective to secondary process (forming, bonding, reflow, etc.)
- Materials: Pebax, Nylon, Polyurethane
- Hydrophilic coating compatible
- Applications: Guidewires, guide catheters, etc.
- Superior value versus to gold/platinum